Sunday, February 8, 2015

Review: 2015 Stradmore Planner

Hi everyone! Today I'm posting my review on the Stradmore Planner that I mentioned in my last post back in December. Actually, this planner is one of those spur of the moment purchases that I always do when I visit Bookstores. I really should stay away from stationery stores especially when it's the peak of Planner season.

Stradmore is a local brand here in the Philippines which is more commonly known for their paper products such as notebooks, journals and planners. One of their more popular products is the Blogberry Planner which is available in most Bookstores.

I wasn't able to get the product name of this particular planner because when I found it on the stack of planners in National Bookstore, I had to literally dig it up from the pile. It was covered with other more popular brands and my guess would be that it was not that well-known as the other products made by Stradmore.


What made me buy this planner is that I realized that I love it's simplicity and the fact that it looks "professional." Since I aim to start working within this year, I need to have a planner that can hold my future work stuff.


Another thing that appealed to me is that this particular planner is quite similar to the idea of the Filofax Flex and the Hobonichi wherein you have your cover and you can just slide the notebook inserts on the flaps of the cover. I like this since I means still use the cover in the future.

This Stradmore planner is an A5 sized notebook with two big pockets wherein you can insert your notebooks. It came with an address book and a spiral bound 2015 planner that is slightly smaller than the cover. It is costs roughly around the 400-500 peso mark (sorry I forgot the actual price since) and is available in two colors, black and gray.

Inside the spiral bound planner, you'll find the following pages:

  • Personal Information
  • 2014-2016 year at a glance calendar
  • Important Dates to remember
  • Meeting Time Table
  • Investment Portfolio 2015
  • Activity Schedule 2015
  • Travel Planner
  • Monthly Calendars with tabs
  • Monthly Cashflow
  • Week on two pages
  • 2015 & 2016 Fold-out Year Planner
  • 6 pocket clear card slot insert
  • Notepad


The Monthly Calendar is in list form which I'm not exactly used to but you can easily change this to the more commonly grid calendar by printing one and pasting it on the page. On the back of the monthly calendar is each month's cash flow tracker which is useful especially if you want to track your expenses or record your savings.


The Weekly Pages is a week on two pages layout that is simple and very straight forward. On the left side of each day is a timeline from 8am-5pm wherein you can record your appointments and there is enough space on the right side of each day for your tasks. I love this layout since it is perfect for when I would start working. It also have the current month, as well as the next, for easy reference.

The only problem that I have with this is that Saturday and Sunday shares a space. I do have a lot of activities during the weekends so I need the space for that. Other than that, I love the layout of the pages of this calendar


Aside from the calendar, here are some extras that can be very useful for those who have this particular calendar from Stradmore. I really like the Foldout calendar which is a feature that you don't normally see in most store brought planners.


And lastly, the planner also have a slot in the back wherein you can insert a notepad. I find this very practical because I'm the type of person who loves to jot down random information every once in a while.

The planner is still available in some National Bookstore outlets (I've checked SM North Edsa and MOA) so you can still probably get it. It's not as fancy as the once that I am used to in my Filofax but it is really a great alternative especially if you want a planner that's already made up.

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment